- Lower School
- Upper School
- ESE Program
- About Charlotte United
- Academic Profile
- Charlotte United Behavior Standards
- Contact Charlotte United
- Faculty & Staff
- Honor Code
- Fine Arts
- Mission Statement
- Charlotte United School Board
- The Warrior Foundation
- Warriors in Service
- Charlotte United Calendar of Events
- Employment Opportunities
- Hot Lunch
- Parent & Student Handbook
7640 Wallace Road
Charlotte, NC 28212
Honor Code and Statement
Charlotte United Christian Academy
We believe in the Godly principles that support the foundation of our school while at the same time recognizing the need for governing rules and regulations. We also believe that Charlotte United Christian Academy students are committed to an environment of honor and are willing to do everything possible to prevent violations against honor and integrity. Attendance at C.U.C.A. is a privilege, and like all privileges, it comes with certain responsibilities and obligations. All students at C.U.C.A. have an obligation to refrain from lying, cheating, and stealing.
- Lying is defined as the giving of a false statement known to be false by the person making it and/or the deliberate deception about academic work.
- Cheating is defined as the act of deception or fraud resulting in the representation of someone else’s work as one’s own or aiding another student in such practices. Cheating includes, but is not limited to, copying during a test, copying homework to be represented as your own, copying from notes without the permission of the owner, copying from books or other materials without permission, or improper citation of sources.
- Stealing is the action of taking or borrowing another’s property without stated permission on each occasion.
It is with those thoughts in mind that an Honor Code has been established at Charlotte United Christian Academy, the purpose of which is to remind each student of their responsibility to build and maintain a strong system of integrity, both spiritually and academically.
In addition to the above personal responsibilities, C.U.C.A. students in the Upper School will write and sign the following Honor Pledge on all quizzes, tests, and any other work so designated by the teacher.
“On my honor, I pledge that I have neither given nor received any help on this work.”
I affirm my personal commitment to uphold these Christian responsibilities.
Charlotte United Christian Academy
“Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God – which is your spiritual worship. Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is – His good, pleasing, and perfect will.” (Romans 12:1-2)
Because of the cross and who we are in Christ, Charlotte United Christian Academy, has set forth and established the following Biblical instructions to protect and uphold the honor of our school.
- I will seek to honor the Lord in all that I think, say, and do. (Deuteronomy 26: 17)
- I recognize the Scriptures as the final source of truth and I will submit myself to its authority. (2 Timothy 3: 16-17)
- I recognize that my behavior and appearance reflects not only on me but also on Him. (1 Corinthians 10: 31)
To my parents:
- I will strive to honor my parents in everything I think, say, and do. (Exodus 20:12)
- I will seek to learn all that I can from them. (Psalm 78: 1-8)
- I will obey them in the Lord. (Ephesians 6: 1-3)
To my church:
- I will love my church and submit to the governing authorities. (Romans 13: 1-6; Titus 2: 1-15)
- I will do my best to make worship and spiritual growth a priority in my life. (Psalm 95: 1-7; John 4: 23-24; Romans 12: 1-2; Hebrews 10: 1)
- I will strive to be an ambassador for Jesus wherever I am. (Matthew 28: 18-20)
To my teachers:
- I will demonstrate respect, attentiveness, gratitude, and obedience to my teachers. (Hebrews 13: 17)
- I will attempt to do all the work I have been assigned with diligence and integrity. (Ephesians 5: 8-17)
- I will do my utmost to learn and achieve. (Philippians 4: 8-9)
To my classmates:
- I will honor and respect the time, work, and, feelings of my fellow students. (Romans 12: 9-18)
- I will model honesty, integrity, kindness, and modesty in my relationships. (Galatians 5: 22-25; Philippians 2: 3-7)
- I will strive for peace in everything I do. (Ephesians 4: 1-6)
We ask all students to support these instructions and to encourage their fellow classmates to do likewise knowing also that this can only be accomplished by the Grace of God and with His help.